I was waiting for a long time for this. Daft Punk’s awesome new single is out. Go get it from iTunes.
The only update of the week is that I tested the composite output in a Toyota Highlander’s entertainment system. It booted fine. The fonts are not as crispy as I wanted, but still readable. I didn’t have a chance to test the XBMC however web browsing was acceptable with an open wifi around the campus.
I’m also waiting some batteries for my old Voltmeter Once it’s working I can start some prototyping.
Hopefully more updates in a week.
If you are trying to crack a big rar file with rarcrack (Mine was 2.6G) and you’re receiving this error:
$ ./rarcrack --type rar ./file.rar RarCrack! 0.2 by David Zoltan Kedves (firstname.lastname@example.org) ERROR: The specified file (./file.rar) is not exists or you don't have a right permissions!
You need to add these lines below in rarcrack.c and recompile. (Put them before #include rarcrack.h )
#define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS 64 #define __USE_LARGEFILE
While you’re there you can fix the error message’s English I leave it to you to find it.
I got myself a raspberry pi couple of weeks ago. First I tried to make a HTPC out of it using XBMC but the interface was too slow for my taste. So I decided to build a carputer. I have very basic electronic knowledge, so this will be a learning process for me too.
So far what I need is this list below:
- a car (Check)
- a 12V to 5V converter: I have cheap lighter to USB adapter. I’ll start with that but I’m thinking about this in the future.
- a 5V power source activated when the car power is shut: For this one I’m going to start with a circuit I had in hand that I was using to charge my wifey’s phone using a small solar panel. It has a 2000mAh Li-Po battery on it. (That battery is most probably flat. I’ll need a new one)
I will need this power source for only maybe 1 min. Read next bullet point.
- a relay circuit that will detect that the car power is shut off and will send a GPIO signal to Rpi to shut itself off. Otherwise there will be corruption at some point of time. I believe I should write a simple script to shutdown to tie it to that GPIO signal.
- a 7″ touchscreen screen (possibly with an HDMI input. I have couple of candidates.)
- a software to play music and video. Biggest candidate so far is XBMC.
Nice to have:These will require a USB hub since I only have 2 USB inputs. (I need to look at the power requirements for the USB hub)
- a wifi/bluetooth solution for phone interaction.
- a GPS interface.
More update weekly. (hopefully!)
You might sometimes have multiple audio Input/Output devices connected to your Mac. An easy way to switch between then is to Option+Click on the speaker icon on your taskbar. You will see a dropdown menu that lists all the audio devices that you have. Then you can click either one of those.
Here is a mini video. (My second click is while holding the Option button)
It’s been 5 years since I published my blog’s visitors’ browser statistics. Chrome did not exist back then, Firefox was leading. It looks like Firefox is still leading, IE shrank about half and Firefox shrank about 1/3. All those are now using Chrome. Safari usage almost quadrupled and Opera users almost doubled.
For a long while I wasn’t able to pinpoint this really stupid issue where my extensions couldn’t call each other however my trunk calls were OK. It first surfaced by not being able to point my BV to my internal extension, but I brushed it out since I had a shitty Comcast router. I first thought that was the culprit.
Then when I was fixing my parents’ extensions in Turkey I realized that I cannot make any extension to extension calls but I still can use outbound routes. After hours of troubleshooting I realized that dialparties.agi script would always return: “Returned from dialparties with no extensions to call and DIALSTATUS:”
I manually ran the script and found out that it was spitting out this error message: “PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_GOTO, expecting T_STRING in /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/phpagi.php on line 1234″
Then I found this bug in freepbx Trac. I ended up changing the name of the goto function in line 1234 of phpagi.agi to go_to and things started to work fine.
Apparently this started to happen when I upgraded my ubuntu which upgraded the php to version 5.3.2.
My buddies just opened their art shop. They have a great water marble (Ebru) art web page where you can purchase them imprinted on iPhone/iPad cases, mugs and greeting cards.
If you want something unique and beautiful for the approaching Valentine’s Day or any other occasion, I recommend you to take a look at their page.